Description for Graphic Design Theory Readgs from the Fieldscreenshot
Graphic Design Theory: Readings from the Field By Helen Armstrong
2009 | 151 Pages | ISBN: 1568987722 | PDF | 5 MB
The titles in our best-selling Design Brief series are highly praised by graphic design students, educators, and professionals worldwide as invaluable resources. Each beautifully designed, affordable volume offers a concise overview of a design fundamentalthe hows of design. But as most seasoned designers will tell you, a comprehensive education also requires an understanding of the whys of design practice. Graphic Design Theory presents groundbreaking, primary texts from the most important historical and contemporary designthinkers. From Aleksandr Rodchenko's Who We Are: Manifesto of the Constructivist Group to Kenya Hara's Computer Technology and Design, this essential volume provides the necessary foundation for contemporary critical vocabulary and thought.
Graphic Design Theory is organized in three sections: Creating the Field traces the evolution of graphic design over the course of the early 1900s, including influential avant-garde ideas of futurism, constructivism, and the Bauhaus; Building on Success covers the mid- to late twentieth century and considers the International Style, modernism, and postmodernism; and Mapping the Future opens at the end of the last century and includes current discussions on legibility, social responsibility, and new media. Striking color images illustrate each of the movements discussed and demonstrate the ongoing relationship between theory and practice. A brief commentary prefaces each text, providing a cultural and historical framework through which the work can be evaluated. Authors include such influential designers as Herbert Bayer, Lszl Moholy-Nagy, Karl Gerstner, Katherine McCoy, Michael Rock, Lev Manovich, Ellen Lupton, and Lorraine Wild. Additional features include a timeline, glossary, and bibliography for further reading. A must-have survey for graduate and undergraduate courses in design history, theory, and contemporary issues, Graphic Design Theory invites designers and interested readers of all levels to plunge into the world of design discourse.
Torrent video-audio related to "Graphic Design Theory: Readgs from the Field":
- Torrent video-audio list page : 15672
- The Design Entrepreneur: Turng Graphic Design Into Goods That Sell (Design Field Guide)
- Graphic Design, Referenced: A Visual Guide to the Language, Applications, and History of Graphic Design
- Graphic Design Solutions (Graphic Design Promotion) by Rob Landa (Repost)
- Non-Perturbative Field Theory: From Two Dimensional Conformal Field Theory to QCD Four Dimensions
- Graphic Design For The 21st Century: 100 Of The Worlds Best Graphic Designers [Repost]
- Graphic Translation: A Graphic Design Project Guide
- Download Creative Motion Graphic Titling for Film, Video, and the Web: Dynamic Motion Graphic Title Design [ReUpload]
- Creative Motion Graphic Titling for Film, Video, and the Web: Dynamic Motion Graphic Title Design
- Download Creative Motion Graphic Titling for Film, Video, and the Web: Dynamic Motion Graphic Title Design
- Introduction to Conformal Field Theory: With Applications to Strg Theory (Repost)
- Quantum Field Theory III: Gauge Theory: A Bridge between Mathematicians and Physicists [Repost]
- Quantum Field Theory III: Gauge Theory: A Bridge between Mathematicians and Physicists(repost)
- The Language of Graphic Design: An Illustrated Handbook for Understandg Fundamental Design Prciples
- Best of Graphic Design Books (Publication, Packaging, Type and Business Card Design)
- Supersymmetric Gauge Field Theory and Strg Theory
Comments for Graphic Design Theory Readgs from the Field
Add your comments for Graphic Design Theory Readgs from the Field
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.