Description for Visible Variation Comparative Studies on Sign Language Structurescreenshot
Pamela Perniss, Roland Pfau, Markus Steinbach - Visible Variation: Comparative Studies on Sign Language Structure
Published: 2007-08-01 | ISBN: 311019578X | PDF | 403 pages | 2.87 MB
It has been argued that properties of the visual-gestural modality impose a homogenizing effect on sign languages, leading to less structural variation in sign language structure as compared to spoken language structure. However, until recently, research on sign languages was limited to a number of (Western) sign languages. Before we can truly answer the question of whether modality effects do indeed cause less structural variation, it is necessary to investigate the similarities and differences that exist between sign languages in more detail and, especially, to include in this investigation less studied sign languages.
The current research climate is testimony to a surge of interest in the study of a geographically more diverse range of sign languages. The volume reflects that climate and brings together work by scholars engaging in comparative sign linguistics research. The 11 articles discuss data from many different signed and spoken languages and cover a wide range of topics from different areas of grammar including phonology (word pictures), morphology (pronouns, negation, and auxiliaries), syntax (word order, interrogative clauses, auxiliaries, negation, and referential shift) and pragmatics (modal meaning and referential shift). In addition to this, the contributions address psycholinguistic issues, aspects of language change, and issues concerning data collection in sign languages, thereby providing methodological guidelines for further research. Although some papers use a specific theoretical framework for analyzing the data, the volume clearly focuses on empirical and descriptive aspects of sign language variation.
No another mirrors, please!
Torrent video-audio related to "Visible Variation: Comparative Studies on Sign Language Structure":
- Torrent video-audio list page : 15658
- Comparative Studies Word Order Variation: Adverbs, Pronouns, and Clause Structure Romance and Germanic
- A Language Space: The Story of Israeli Sign Language (Repost)
- Sign Language in Indo-Pakistan: A Description of a Signed Language
- Language, Cognition, and the Brain: Insights From Sign Language Research by Karen Emmorey
- Language, Cognition, and the Bra: Insights From Sign Language Research by Karen Emmorey (Repost)
- Comparative Education: The Construction of a Field (CERC Studies Comparative Education)
- Language Visible Unraveling the Mystery of the Alphabet from A to Z
- The New Psychology of Language: Cognitive and Functional Approaches To Language Structure, Volume II
- On Language: The Diversity of Human Language-Structure and its Influence on the Mental Development of Mankind
- The Language of Mathematics: Makg the Invisible Visible (Repost)
- Visible Thought: The New Psychology of Body Language [Repost]
- Style: Language Variation and Identity
- New Perspectives Language, Discourse and Translation Studies (Second Language Learng and Teachg)
- The Cradle of Language (Studies the Evolution of Language) (Repost)
- C. W. Leadbeater - L'homme visible et visible (repost)
Comments for Visible Variation Comparative Studies on Sign Language Structure
Add your comments for Visible Variation Comparative Studies on Sign Language Structure
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.